|Technomancer & Off-Face|
|"I have the whole Matrix worth of information and more at my fingertips; the real crime here would be not to use as much of it as I can."|
|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||February 4th, 2057|
Metatype - D |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - C
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
A technomancer and a technological prodigy from an early age, Vip3r has been at home in the Matrix since long before she emerged. She's a skilled hacker and street survivalist, and isn't bad at talking her way out of trouble either.
For now, Vip3r is primarily seeking stability. She's hoping to save enough nuyen to find a neurologist willing to treat her, or at least help her figure out what's wrong with her.
Shadowrunning has provided Vip3r with the steady income necessary to support herself, and also to afford the regenerative treatment she needed to correct the brain damage that she suffered in a Mitsuhama lab. She has a solid support network in Shadowhaven and is embracing her role as a shadowrunner and her identity as a technomancer, but she's still wondering what it truly means to be emerged. Vip3r craves community with other technomancers who will help her understand her relationship to the Resonance, and hopes to find information that will help her to contextualize the experiences she's had.
Vip3r taught herself to hack for fun and survival as a juvenile delinquent on the streets of the Redmond Barrens. She was adopted as a teenager by Ken and Laura Tanaka, a middle-class couple who put her through high school, where she proved to be such a skilled learner that she was handed a corporate scholarship that would almost cover a college education and give her a direct pipeline to a stable career. In a desperate attempt to cover the rest, Vip3r took a shadowrun that ended in disaster, earning her eight years in Shadow Lake Correctional Facility at the age of seventeen. Four years in, she was offered a deal that would shave two years off of her sentence. It was framed as a work opportunity, but instead, it made her a lab rat in an intense and dubiously-ethical technomancer research operation by MCT.
MCT turns Vip3r loose two years later after the Tanakas signed over their freedom on her behalf, putting her back on the street with no family, no contacts, and not-insignificant neurological damage that's rendered her unable to hold a regular job or schedule.
With a criminal SIN and nowhere else to turn for income, she began taking small-time hacking jobs again. As she did, people began to notice her skill, and Vip3r eventually attracted the attention of the Eighty-Eights Triad. They offered to burn her criminal SIN and set her up with a fake if she agreed to work for them in exchange, and in no position to refuse, Vip3r accepted.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- First Impression: Trying her hand at some facing on solo or small-group jobs has given Vip3r a decent amount of practice at social infiltration.
- Paragon (01): At Betz's suggestion, Vip3r has sought communion with 01 out of a desire for a deeper understanding of the Resonance and a meaningful connection to other technomancers.
- Resonant Stream: Sourceror: Having always been heavily reliant on her own ability, Vip3r has chosen to focus on her own skill with complex forms rather than depending on the use of sprites.
- School of Hard Knocks: Vip3r spent most of her childhood learning to survive on the streets of the Redmond Barrens. Navigating urban life is in her nature.
- Sensei: Betz has become a mentor and a source of support for Vip3r. She works with her to help hone her Cracking skills, and to teach her more about what it means to be emerged.
- Addiction (Mild)-Psyche: Using performance-enhancing drugs a little too frequently has made Vip3r reliant on them.
- Distinctive Style: Vip3r is more than just a name; it's an identity. Snake tattoos, snakebite piercings, a split tongue and a Matrix persona that's an elf-sized humanoid snake make that identity unmistakable.
- Driven: When they found out about her captivity in a Mitsuhama black site, Vip3r's adoptive parents gave up their freedom to trade it for hers. She's determined to repay their favor, and have the lawyer who signed off on their lifelong contracts killed.
- Records on File (Mitsuhama): Yeah, this one's self-explanatory if you've read her history. As far as anyone knows, Vip3r's biometric and neurological records are still being stored in a Mitshuama lab somewhere.
- Scorched (Migraines): While she's no longer plagued by tremors, Vip3r still deals with debilitating migraines as part of the brain damage she suffered under MCT's study.
|Alexander-James Brodrick Johnson III||4||3||Networking||CorpKid||Party all Night... What time is it?, Everybody's Friend., Did Someone say Drugs?, Brodie J IN THE HOUSE!, Ride Wrecked? Brodie J's got it!, Oh yeah! I have a job!, Good looks, Money, and a savant-level understanding of rocket physics||Even|
|Betz||5||4||Legwork||Infobroker||Hacker, Infobroker, Matrix Lorekeeper, Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, Technomancer, Technoshaman||Even|
|Cascade||4||1||Service||International Smuggler and Fence||It's not fun if there's no Risk!, Smuggler Specialist, Garage of Ganked Gear, Stimulant Savant, Getaway Driver, Driver picks the Music, Passenger shuts their trap||Even|
|Cecelia Cross||5||4||Networking||CATco Employee||Secret Technomancer, Woman Scorned, Tech Expert, Matrix Master, Corporate Life, Network Angel||+1|
|David Yang||5||3||Fixer||Eighty-Eights Grass Sandal||Oath-Bound, Triad Networker, Seattle, Gangs, Crime Syndicates, Matrix-Savvy, Vice||Even|
|Doctor O+||4||3||Custom(G,A,N,K)||Street Doc/Organlegger||Medical, Illegal, Organlegger, Ghoul Organlegger, Armorer, Ware, Rarities||Even|
|Dr. Isabel Wirth||4||2||Service||ER Doctor||Trauma Surgeon, Free Samples, Community Clinic Hours, Performs House Calls, I know a sales rep||Even|
|Dr. Tony Hanks||2||2||Legwork||Charity Clinic Doctor||Surgeon, Charity Networker, Redmond Born and Raised, Gang Grudge, Overworked||Even|
|Huan-Shi Bai||1||3||Networking||Restauranteur||Meets all kinds, Adept Farmer & Chef||Even|
|Freya||5||1||Custom(G,A,K,N)||Hacker Extraordinaire||Master SIN Maker, Burner ID, FAKE is my Middle Name!, My Search Function is Powered by Nuyen, Hacking is my other middle name, I eat Hosts for lunch.||Even|
|Kenneth "Flamesaw" Murphy||2||4||Custom(A,G,N,K)||Ganger / Tough Guy||Not the Brightest Bulb, Firesaw, Fraggin' Handsome, People Pleaser, WAIT I'm a runner too!||Even|
|LB||2||4||Custom(A,N,K,G)||Tamanous Dumpster Fire||Tamanous Made Man, Goes Loud, Mystic Adept, Lovable Outcast, Explosive Personality, Known Criminal, Connoisseur||Even|
|Miles Imaus||3||2||Legwork||Nightclub Owner||Bellevue up-and-Comer, Nightclub Owner, Gambler, Businessman||Even|
|Mr.Rudd||2||1||Networking||Art Dealer, I know a guy!, Satisfaction Guaranteed!, NO REFUNDS! NO RETRACTIONS! NO RECEIPTS!||Even|
|M4rqu15 M4cr0||4||1||Fixer||Matrix Magnate||Magnate, "There's only two things in life that are Certain, my dear...", The High Life, T34ch4r 0f th3 (Hacking) 4rt5, Eccentric Emerged Extraordinare||Even|
|Saint Nick||2||1||Gear||"Santa Claus"||Blissfully Unaware, KRIME Konnections, Milk and Cookies, Spirit of the Season, We Got Guns||-1|
|Sarah Snow||3||2||Fixer||Fundraiser and Housewife||Novacoke?, Novacoke!, Dinner Parties of Metahumans, Flawless Skin, On Retainer, Fundraiser||Even|
- Eighty-Eights Triad: Despite turning down official membership in the Triad, Vip3r will not work against the Eighty-Eights as a result of the assistance they offered her when she was in need.
- +10 Mothers of Metahumans rep and +10 Skraacha rep for breaking Kenneth "Flamesaw" Murphy out of prison.
- -70 Tamanous rep, +10 Black Lodge rep, and +5 Starscreamers rep for destroying Tamanous's largest organ farm in Seattle.
- -40 Mitsuhama Computer Technologies rep for killing four Petrovski Security personnel and kidnapping one of their HR executives
- Harebuck & Absolute Zero: Vip3r's best friends and roommates. Harebuck introduced her to the Haven, and she met Zero while living in San Francisco.
- Black Samurai: Vip3r's cousin, whom she only met recently as a result of having been cut off from her blood family.
- Shine & Zenith: Fellow runners who know Vip3r's history and secrets. She considers them a part of her chosen family, along with the above.
- Mitsuhama Computer Technologies: You read the above information, right? Vip3r has plenty of reason to hate and fear MCT. Rather than seeking revenge, however, Vip3r simply wishes to stay off their radar; she has no desire to risk reliving the last two years.
- Steven Shimada: In Family, Duty, Honor, Vip3r received a call from Steve in which he addressed her by her birth name and revealed personal information about her family that even she wasn't aware of. She independently discovered his ties to MCT, and Shine convinced her to have him killed. Then, in Cultivation Crisis, she learned that he signed off on the contract that put the Tanakas under lifelong MCT control, and also withheld a letter from her mother that would've shown her that she hadn't been abandoned during her time in lockup. As a result, she's even more determined to see him die--and at her own hands, if possible.
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
As her name would suggest, Vip3r follows a snake motif. The mark she leaves behind when hacking looks like a snakebite.
Matrix Search Table
|1||Do you know how many users on the Matrix have some variation of "Vip3r" as part of their names? You're gonna have to look a little harder if you want anything specific.|
|3||A user named "Vip3r" seems to frequent various message boards about current events, technology, and a Matrix game called Plaguehunter. She seems to have a lot of helpful tips about boss attack patterns.|
|6||"Vip3r" also appears to spend a lot of time on some secure hacker boards. Whenever controversy around technomancers comes up, she seems pretty quick to defend them.|
Shadow Community Table
|1||A hacker who works in the Seattle area.|
|3||Vip3r is a Shadowhaven runner and an Eighty-Eights Triad affiliate.|
|5||Vip3r is a technomancer. She was partially responsible for the destruction of a Tamanous organ farm in Seattle and a massive prison break in Los Angeles, and was formerly incarcerated in Seattle herself.|
|1||Healthy. Not awakened.|
|2-3||The datajack behind her right ear is visible when viewed at the right angle, but doesn't show up in her aura.|
|4||No betaware-grade cyberware, or bioware that can be seen at this level. Essence: 5.02.|
|5+||Vip3r's datajack is deltaware, and she has delta-grade implants and cybernetic systems installed in her brain and spinal cord (Visualizer, EARRS). Delta-grade bioware boosts her cognitive function and toxin filtration (cerebral booster, mnemonic enhancer, nephritic screen), and she is genetically enhanced for a greater resistance to negative drug effects & better highs as well as faster and more efficient neurotransmission. The spark of Resonance in her aura marks her as a technomancer.|
- Aya Takahashi: R6 UCAS fake SIN. Cyberdeck license, Driver's license, Matrix Security license.
- Alison Chiba: R6 Saeder-Krupp fake SIN. Cyberdeck license, Driver's license, Matrix Security license.
Standing at 5'7" (170cm), Vip3r is a Japanese elf woman with a short undercut, snakebite piercings, and visible snake tattoos (which, specifically, are African bush vipers) on her forearms and neck.
Vip3r dresses for utility and comfort, typically in a street-punk style, favoring blacks and greys with accents in purples or teals. She frequently does her shadowrunning in an armored synthleather jacket, grey with a high collar and plenty of pockets on the inside and out. For jobs with higher-end clients, she has an Executive Suite suit in dark grey, accented in light blue.
She switches between two Matrix personas, depending on what image she wants to convey. The first, and more "professional" of the two, is a stylized version of her actual appearance, standing slightly taller than her natural height and wearing a long snakeskin coat. The other, which she prefers and which sees more frequent use, is an anthropomorphic snake modelled after an African bush viper, with iridescent dark-purple scales.