|Titles and Awards||0|
Metatype - D
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - C
Resources - E
In short, Apostle is atypical for a standard Black Magic user preferring direct methods and decisive leadership. His manner is clipped, though not impolite, and usually takes charge of social situations when appropriate.
- Earn a position of respect in some arena (the shadows, politics, syndicate, organization, etc.).
- Continue the growth of his magical potential through practical applications.
Born to human parents in the war-torn sprawl of Sarajevo, Apostle spent the majority of his formative years scraping for survival by running errands for a local street gang loosely translated as the Nuclear Hellhounds. As he matured, his aptitude with magic became more apparent and he was quickly inducted into the gang as a full member, leveraging his talents as both a mage and a skilled negotiator. He enjoyed a few solid years of being a local gangster before, as so many Baltic organizations do, the gang fractured into factions and waged war on each other. His parents, wanting to avoid holding a funeral for their son, pulled a few strings and arranged for Apostle to be formally educated in the UCAS at the University of Washington. Seeing the writing on the wall, Apostle agreed and emigrated.
Seattle brought new perspective to his previously kill-or-be-killed lifestyle as he settled, poorly at first, into the role of a college student. The first six months were tough, both socially and academically, as his background and novelty put him squarely in the limelight. The priorities and attitudes of his new peers baffled him and the culture shock left him with an aching case of whiplash. For one so used to being feared and obeyed, vapid curiosity and egalitarianism did not come easily. His tenure at university was unremarkable except for a growing urge to resume his former activities state-side and a romance that would turn out to be the rest of his life.
Katherine "Mouse" Vespasiano, ethnically Chinese, is the adopted daughter of his current Fixer; an Italian Shadowrunner-turned-Fixer Silas Vespasiano. The two met through shared classes at University and bonded over similar life experiences and an mutual attraction. It also helped that they shared the same tradition, though there's a continuing theme of half-playful one-upmanship. Over their courtship, and especially after Apostle obtained his Bachelor in Magical Theory, the ever-present desire to slip back into the shadows called to him like a siren's song. When he was introduced to Mouse's father, over an exceedingly tense family dinner, events began to click in place.
Recognizing Apostle's talents for magic and subterfuge, and a growing dissatisfaction with his lot in life, Silas started giving him tasks to accomplish; minor errands to gauge his usefulness and suitability to be a shadowrunner. Apostle took to these tests with gusto, chomping at the bit to relive 'the good old days'. It wasn't long before the two formed something of a symbiotic relationship culminating in Silas' decision to take Apostle as an apprentice, thereby assigning him his new handle. Time will tell how this decision will play out.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Addiction (Bliss): A holdover from his gang days where succumbing to the pain of his wounds/drain wasn't an option if he wished to keep breathing. It's a habit he's been trying to kick ever since he left Sarajevo, but during times of high stress or emergencies, he indulges without restraint.
- Creature of Comfort (Middle): Over time Apostle has become accustomed to a certain quality of life since his emigration to the UCAS. The little luxuries he now takes for granted were things he never had growing up and has no desire to ever live without again.
- Dependent (Nuisance): His girlfriend, while not a nuisance per se, is a burgeoning academic who occasionally requires a charming date for a number of functions in addition to enjoying each others company.
- Mentor Spirit (Raven): Apostle follows the opportunistic meanings of his patron spirit more so than the popular trickster connotations. His life has been a series of seized opportunities and neither he nor his patron see a need for that to change.
- SINner (National; Sarajevo): A registered national of the Sarajevo sprawl, of which his parents are officials. Copies of his biometrics, misdemeanor and unproven criminal record, and retinal scans are all on file.
- Trust Fund 1: Though his parents were government officials, rather than the typically more affluent corp citizens, they were able to secure both their and their son's future with a few well-placed sociopolitical gambles that have paid off well. Though tacitly against their son's choice of 'day job' family comes first; whether that be paying their bills or keeping them out of jail.
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|The Collectors: Let's Take A Time Walk||Ghostlin||The Collectors||28 February 2081|
|The Collectors: Beta Uncut Sheet||Ghostlin||The Collectors||12 February 2081|
|Silas Vespasiano||5||2||Fixer||Black Lodge Fixer||Black Magician, High Society Socialite, Made Man, Politico, Talismonger, Theory Savant||Even|
|Joseph A. Halberstien||5||2||Service||Criminal Defence Attorney||Criminal Law Expert, Real, Actual Lawyer, Spirits of Distinction, Maverick Private Detective on Retainer, Yeah, I know a guy., Cost of Doing Business||Even|
|Mole||5||2||Legwork||Infobroker||Current Events, Fence, Hacker, Infobroker, Informer Network, Syndicate Savant||Even|
|Czech Up||2||1||Service||Street Doc||Hermetic Mage, Surgeon, Healing Spell Adept||Even|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
- Real Sarajevo SIN: Armin Mujagić
- Fake UCAS SIN R4: Emir Jakubović
Apostle’s style is best described as ‘business aggressive’. Typically dressed in dark athletic shoes, mid-range slacks, and a white long-sleeved button up over which an obviously armored jacket, covered in awakened symbology and patches of gangs long dead, and a colorful tie have been curated to make a rather dichotomous statement.
Having taken some time to modify his player character from his favorite VR game, Apostle has decided to adopt the model as his primary matrix persona; a highly stylized elven archer.
ShadowGrid Profile Comments
"Excellent at the negotiation table. Any time you need a ride, omae, let me know." - Pyre