|Type||Organized Crime Syndicate|
|Player May Join||Yes |
|Area of Operation||Pacific Rim, based in Macao|
The Black Chrysanthemum is one of the most powerful and feared triads in the world. It has a reputation for brutality. It is among the primary human trafficking syndicates, notable in Hong Kong for kidnapping SINless for organ harvesting, sex slavery, and sweatshop labor, though it is primarily known for drug and arms smuggling in other parts of the Pacific Rim. Some members are known to sport neon, moving tattoos, though this is not required.
- Defeat the Smoke Circle Society in Hong Kong.
- Defend new holdings in San Francisco.
- Recover from losses in the Tempo Wars.
- China: Operations in much of the former People's Republic of China, including the successor states of Guangxi, Yunnan, Coastal Provinces, Canton Confederation, and Taiwan.
- Southeast Asia: A presence in countries throughout Southeast Asia, notably Manila.
- North America: Smuggling and distribution operations in Seattle and San Francisco.
- Japan: Surprisingly, the Black Chrysanthemum has a presence in Neo-Tokyo.
- Hawai'i: A presence in Honolulu.
- Tamanous: In Manila, they have a human flesh trade agreement with Tamanous.
- Smoke Circle Society: During the Tempo Wars of the early 2070s, the Black Chrysanthemum fought a long and deadly war with the Smoke Circle Society, another triad in Hong Kong. The Smoke Circle Society suffered greater losses, but the Black Chrysanthemum is still recovering from its losses as the fighting has hit a lull.
- Karatsa-gumi: In San Francisco, the Black Chrysanthemum tacitly opposed the Saito regime until its downfall in 2068, and it enjoyed greater influence in the metroplex as it muscled into the yakuza's former territory. The Karatsa-gumi resents this, but it is also recovering from the war, and so the two are at a standstill.
The Black Chrysanthemum is a powerful triad, so it is unlikely to collapse any time soon. However, it took considerable losses a decade ago in the Tempo Wars, so it is not as strong as it could be.
Narrative Significant Runs
You don't see how awful their business back home is here in SF. The locals are just glad they're not the yaks. -- glitzkrieg