|Date of Birth||March 22, 2060|
|Priority||Metatype - E |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - D
Skills - C
Resources - A
Sam has agreed to complete the next job for Cecelia Cross for free as a favor.
Akira's uncle was defeated and embarrassed by runners (see A Blast from the Past) and--as a result--was forced to take his own life to spare his family such embarrassment. Renraku pulled their SINs and left the family stranded in Seattle. His uncle's first blade in hand, Akira Mori set out to destroy the middle management corpo scum who pushed their failures upon his family and recover his uncle's lost blade in the process.
Now that his uncle's blade has joined the shrine in his honor and the woman who ordered the deed has been found dead in a parking lot, Akira has started to reevaluate his goals and motivations.
Destroy the middle-management at Renraku who ordered his uncle to take his own life.
- Find a new path or mentor to guard.
Born to a father from Japan and a mother from Ireland, Akira Mori grew up in Seattle. His uncle, only twelve years older, was a Red Swordsman in Training with Renraku and a point of pride for the family. That is--until he lost control of a black site. With only one way to restore his family's honor, his uncle's remains were buried in a Renraku-branded urn, a testament to both his failure and the corporation's draconic culture.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Bilingual | The Black Samurai was born to a father from Japan and a mother from Ireland. He grew up learning and speaking both English and Japanese.
- Mentor Spirit (Stag) | The Black Samurai mixes his father's Shintoism with his mother's Irish customs. Both draw from a knowledge that the land is where all people draw their power. All will return to the earth in time.
- Perfect Time / Shoot First | When a blade is in its scabbard, the enemy cannot judge your striking distance to recognize the danger. Use that to your advantage.
- Corporate Pariah II / RoF (Renraku) / Prejudiced vs Renraku | His uncle, disgraced in battle, took his own life at the direction of his superior at Renraku. Despite rescinding his family's SINs, Renraku still has his information on file.
- Designated Omega | Trained to be a bodyguard and soldier by his uncle, Akira feels lost without someone charismatic giving orders.
- Emotional Attachment (Uncle's Katana) | Akira uses his uncle's first katana since the second sword was taken after his disgrace in battle. He hopes to find and carry the second in time, as well.
Superhuman Psychosis| Akira has been stricken several times with the desire to prevent needless bloodshed. He's slowly starting to consider other methods.
- Wanted | 50k to Seattle, and 50k to Salish-Sidhe Council on a job we completed successfully. Can you believe that drek?
|1||26 February 2082||Sparring Partner||Masking|
|2||19 March 2082||Family, Duty, Honor||Adept Centering|
|2||16 April 2082||No Rest for the Wicked (Management)||Power Point|
|Dollmaster||6||1||Fixer(G, N, K, A)||Shadowy Manipulator||Upgrades, Subtle Touches, Cut and Paste, Arm and a Leg, Leveraging, Long Game, Overwhelming Force||Even|
|Masuyama Kijuro||2||3||Service||Renraku Aware||Doesn't Speak The Language, Aware, Renraku Security Guard, Blending In, Astral Combat: Katana, Renraku Loyalty/Fear, Expert Swordsman||Even|
|Alias||5||3||Gear||SIN Forger||SIN Forger, Police Contacts, Disguise Enthusiast, Hacker, Infiltrator, College Educated||Even|
|Cecelia Cross||5||2||Networking||CATco Employee||Secret Technomancer, Woman Scorned, Tech Expert, Matrix Master, Corporate Life, Network Angel||Even|
|The Dukes||3||1||Service||Drug/Moonshine Runners||Package Deal, Speedy Delivery, Has Motor Will Drive, The Commander Dunklezhan, Vehicle Familiarity, Scrappy situations||Even|
|Huan-Shi Bai||1||2||Networking||Restauranteur||Meets all kinds, Adept Farmer & Chef||Even|
|Informer||2||3||Legwork||Private Investigator||Truthseeker, Magical Expert, Trid Aficionado||Even|
|Jacqueline Grant||1||4||Networking||Bartender||Elven Blood, Pointy Ears to the Ground||Even|
|Sword||3||3||Custom(A,G,K,N)||Sensei||Magician, Free Spirit, Sword Sensei, Living Weapon||Even|
|Tee & Vee||2||2||Generalist||Bodyguards||Morning People, Silent Protectors, Bodyguards, The Rich and the Restless, THE CASE, Our Other Boss is Fed-Bo, Cyberimplanted Combatants||Even|
|Toxic Tension||4||4||Custom(A, N, K, G)||Combat DJ||SpinGlobal Radicalness And Loyalty!, Extremely Radical, Trog EDM, Keymore, SpinGlobal, Famous Artist, Pyrotechnics||Even|
|Vee-Jay||2||2||Networking||Bouncer/Doctorate Student||We live in a society!, The List, Sociological Education, Bullied Bouncer, Versed in Venues||Even|
|Warboss||6||2||Fixer||Fixer||WAAAGH!, Moar Dakka!, Half Machine, All Trog, Gang Boss, Lok'tar Ogar, Crime Lord, Smuggler||Even|
|School of Clashing Blades Smashing Fist||Member||1||27||Martial Arts School||Maintaining||Redmond Barrens, Seattle|
88s | 5
After putting down an enemy hit squad in San Fran, David Yang owes me.
Ancients | -5
- Turns out they're super racist and I'm antagonistic...so this is pretty self-explanatory.
- The second time it was because their entire urban brawl team got sliced and diced. In my defense, I had two of their members on my team and I kept 'em both alive, so seems like a mix up.
- You tackle ONE Spikes member when they're driving down the road harassing people and the ancients hate you a little less. It's weird.
Black Chrysanthemum | -50
Shocking how people who assassinate entire rival gangs feel like you should show mercy...the irony is palpable.
Cross Applied Technologies | 10
I don't...know...that Cecelia is a good person...
Cutters | 1
Okay--called a guy who I DID NOT KNOW, thought I did, and then rescued some kids on accident. Neat!
Federated-Boeing | 0
Bullet Train Hype. Edit: Oof I had a protracted fight with both Brody's bodyguards.
MCT | -40
I mean...okay, so murder a bunch of people and they get super salty about it. Don't hit first if ya can't take a punch am I right?
Shotozumi-gumi | 3
Facilitate a deal instead of stealing from them, even if it's just because your dumb ass walked into an office while he's sitting there, and yeah. Here we are.
Skraacha | 1
You may first arrive in the Ork underground by running from KE, but if you manage to do their dirty work in Yakuza territory AND bring them back 20% of their drugs, they appreciate it. A little bit. You still owe 'em, kid.
Spikes | 2
Ever start a fight, decide not to stab a guy, and they appreciate it from you?
Renraku employees of note erased:
- Yamada Shinji
- Noriko Ito - Hayato's former boss.
In Character Information
Matrix Search Table
|1||Did you mean Red Samurai?|
|3||Information on feudal Japan and samurai.|
|6||Information on runners who call themselves samurai.|
Shadow Community Table
|1||Went way too loud downtown, and is now in Warboss's pocket.|
|3||A talented swordsman who takes orders well, but rarely leads.|
|5||Knocked out a Renraku businessman at his uncle's funeral. He and Renraku are not on great terms.|
- Trent Kyle "Chad" Johnson (R6 / UCAS) - Adept / Restricted Augs / Restricted Armor / Weapon
- Katashi Jin (R5 / Renraku) - Adept / Restricted Augs / Restricted Armor / Weapon
- Levi West (R4 / UCAS) - Adept / Restricted Augs / Restricted Armor / Weapon
Akira's head is shaved on the sides with black hair pulled into a short ponytail on top. His long face is clean shaven. When wearing his Black Samurai garb, he changes his cybereyes to be fully black with no white; when out of costume, his eyes are grey and mimic normal eye structures. Akira is skinny, but sinewy. He weighs an extraordinary amount because of his metal limbs.
A small scar protrudes out the neckline of his shirt. When shirtless, the thin, deep scar extends from the side of his neck, across his chest, and down underneath his right armpit, thanks to the sharp blade of a Yakuza bodyguard (see Family, Duty, Honor.)
A wide, two inch scar sits just above his heart where he was stabbed with a blade he was imbuing.
Large rack of rotten antlers sprout from his head; dust and flecks of ethereal bone rain from him as he casts; when the mentor's mask is deactivated, the antlers crumble into ash and smoke around him.
As the Black Samurai, he wears a black armored jacket and ballistic mask with matching helmet. Arm and leg guards cover obvious cybernetic limbs. Outside of running, Akira wears hoodies or--when needed--a cheap black suit and black tie.
A polyhedral humanoid figure with a deer head; neon purples and pinks radiate from where the surface edges meet.