|Rigger - Techno|
|Priority||Metatype - E |
Attributes - D
Magic/Resonance - C
Skills - B
Resources - A
Otaku turned rigger turned techno. Grew up in Seattle, lost her special Otaku-ness and went adrift, winding up in the south pacific pirating.
- Establish herself in Seattle
- Upgrade Cyberware
- W̷̻̘̅̌h̶̫̖̞͠á̷̝̞͈̔͗t̷̤̻͆̈̒ ̴͉̱̿̋͠ḑ̷̩͈͘o̷̤͐ȅ̵͎̗̍̌s̴͉̜̳͆͆͛ ̷̺͈̖͑̀̈́į̸̗͙̑̄̏t̵̹͕̂͛͛ ̶̱̹̉͆͊m̶̰͛̒͊͜͜e̸͉̻̗̊̕a̵̧̫̮̓̎͑n̷̢̦̓ ̶̧̌̊̿t̴̢͎͎͒̀̾ö̸̠̺́̉͋ ̵̖̥̪̈́̚b̶̨̤͈̐e̸̝̝͒̔͠ ̷̺̞̹̂́à̴̮̱̝̇ ̵͍͑̈̓v̷̧͖̦̓͐i̴̭̅r̷̢͇͋̊͝t̴͓̒̀̕ṵ̸̈́͘a̷̼͉̹̎̎̆l̴̗̳͆͆̐-̷̝͈̾̑̅ḱ̵̮͠i̷̤͓͋̑͝ń̸̦̫ę̴̭͙̌t̵̟͊i̴͖͌̒͂c̵̟̋̊́͜.̷͙̯͝͝
- Ť̶͕͌ḧ̸͔͚́è̷̙̼ ̶̞̽͜D̷̡̬̿͗ȉ̷̪͇̃s̵̻̞̓s̴̖̊o̷͇̓ņ̴͔̓͝ã̵̢n̷̠͎̈́̃ĉ̸̟ȇ̴̻͎
She wasn't sure what was in the crate, but there was a pull when she walked by it after it had been loaded on to her plane. At first she had ignored it. It was money, and a lot of it, and all she had to do was fly to a little harbor near Cotabato City, land and let someone take the crate off her boat. The problems started an hour or so into the flight. Lights flickered, the engines revved and slowed, but nothing seemed to be wrong when she looked things over. It was when she was in the back, checking on the cargo, and she jumped into the plane without being physically connected, without an rcc and without a cable. She blinked and jumped out, picking herself up off the floor. The matrix was still there. It wouldn't go away, wouldn't shut down.
This was all to familiar. The matrix felt real again. She had to crack the box open now, try to figure out why this happened. Inside she found a young man in his early twenties who spoke only Tok Pisin. The rest of her crew had captured him while she was on air support, drugged him and boxed him for sale to MCT. It was a big pay day, the kind you really can't refuse, so she didn't really blame her compatriots for turning their backs on being independent. She just wished it hadn't also involved selling her out.
It turns out they hadn't done a great job of putting him out. Not all the way, at least. He was still half conscious, enough to mess with the systems onboard and to gather a small resonance well. This, it seems, is what had affected her. Not that she contacted the well in the virtual or real world, but just the proximity to someone gathering that kind of resonance had pushed her into emergence. Knowing who it was and what he was, she couldn't make the delivery. Instead she turned toward home, dumping the guns from her plane to extend the range. A few days later, she landed in Seattle forever changed.
The only contact she had that could help her was Garuda. The dwarf has agreed to act as a fixer while she gets on her feet. She's smart enough to know that she needs money to live and needs to keep her head down as much as she can. Shadow work aligns well with her skill set, even if she isn't an ace shooter.
Her passenger, while gifted with the matrix, does not seem so eager to make something of himself. She doesn't know all of his story, but she knows she can't just put him out. Clearly he has some severe trauma in his past, the kind that most don't want to admit exists.
|- Born 2047.
- Lived on the streets after parents lost their jobs.
- 2059 Otaku. Joined a small tribe. Three members, low resources. Mostly played games in an abandoned host left behind by a small business. Loved playing driving/flying games and learning about pirates.
- 2062 Faded. Became depressed at the loss of ability.
- Years spent wandering. Ended up in south Pacific, following a thread from her path to the pirates there.
- 2072 First cyber limb, connecting with machines by becoming one was interesting to her.
- Became established with a small group of pirates, eventually working up to air support. Control Rig, more cyberlimbs.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Cyber-Singularity Seeker - She's spent a significant portion of her life for the last 10 years in VR piloting an aircraft over the ocean, her physical body has atrophied while her metal limbs are as strong as ever. Clearly 'ware is better.
- Otaku to Technomancer - She was Otaku, then her gift went away, leaving her without direction. Now it's back. This is confusing.
- Dependent (Inconvenience) - The techno she was supposed to deliver to MCT, Tapunui. He's living in her plane with her.
- Wanted (MCT) - She was supposed to make the delivery, having no idea of what to whom, but as it turns out, MCT doesn't much care. They want her and him.
- D̶̺̖͗̒e̷̟̔c̷͇̕a̸͖̿y̶̧̦͑͝i̴̘̗͐n̶̮̓g̴̡͚̍ ̶͙̼̍̑Ḓ̷̫͒ḭ̷̜͝s̸͖̗̓ś̷̯͖o̷̻͘n̸̢̰̂a̷̾ͅn̵̢̻̚c̶̟̆e̴̦͖̿̑ ̸̬̎͆-̸͉͗ ̸̥̉S̶̱͔̽ơ̸̲͋ḿ̷̯̇é̷̻́ẗ̵̜i̷̝͋̋m̴̦̐ȅ̵͚͎̐s̶̐̊͜ ̶̨̣͌͐t̸̜̏̕h̷̘̝̓̚ȇ̵̡̙̆ ̸͕̌̌m̴̪͖̑a̷̜̔͘t̵͔͙͑r̸̭͒i̵̮̓x̵̗͆ ̷͕̈́d̵̼̓o̶̱̚ë̸̲́s̸͚̪̾̊n̵͇̟̊'̸͍̘͐t̷͉̔́ ̴̛̙̻͗m̶̺̀͐a̴̳̅͜k̸̞̉e̴̟̦͒ ̵̄̐ͅs̴̠̓̌ę̴̒̂n̴͖͙̊͑ṡ̶̼̎è̸̳.̵̨͈̍̋ (She does not yet realize she is dissonant).
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Shark Week||It's Always Wednesday in Seattle||19 June 2082|
|Garuda||6||1||Fixer||Mansur Smuggler and fixer||Mansur Company Woman, Experienced Smuggler organizer., Dwarf, Mansur persuasion, MPA affiliate, Guns Guns Guns, Big Sur Pirate affiliate||Even|
|Tapunui||1||3||Service||Traumatized Technomancer||Easily Distracted, Matrix Lore, Fix it up, Technomancing||Even|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table