|Black Lodge Magician|
|S-A Title: Pale Meat|
|UK Title: Jack The Ripper|
|Seattle Title: Mr. Herenight|
|Location||Seattle Sprawl, South Africa & UK|
|Age||Impossible To Tell|
|Preferred Payment Method||Information & Shadowrunning|
|Hobbies/Vice||Brothels & Blood|
|Personal Life||Single Forever|
Little is known of Herenight's origins. What is known is that he has a slight African accent and is fluent in Afrikaans, English, French, German, Arabic, Korean as well as Chinese, both Cantonese and Mandarin. As one of the younger members of the Black Lodge, he's not a completely greenhorn grunt, but neither is he a commanding presence. He seems to have a relatively loose moral compass, as could be expected, although some things do set him off: bad parenting, indenturement and feral ghouls. Why these three, none can say. He's been sighted in Africa, the United Kingdom and North America, most commonly whenever something magical is afoot. To consort with him is extremely dangerous and relying on him is bound to cost oneself dearly in the long run. Even if he ends up helping a runner a great deal, it should always be assumed that sooner or later dealing with someone this fearsome will get you killed. Consider every interaction carefully. Do not overstep your boundaries -- and most importantly, run.
Notes For A GM
- Herenight's got a predominantly British accent, more specifically something between Birmingham and London. If you don't like imitating accents, don't worry about it.
- Nerenight's surprisingly forthcoming and a socialite during first meetings. This attitude disappears once he gets on a first name basis with you. He skips pleasantries, handles business and leaves.
- He rarely puts his eggs in one basket, so while he may give you tasks, chances are he has several other plans running parallel to yours to ensure he gets what he wants.
- Earning Herenight's respect is a careful balance of being ruthlessly ambitious and yet not threatening his ego. It's obvious one's earned it once he bothers having small talk or takes interest in your life.
- He's condescending towards non-Infected and unawakened people, doubly so if they're both. This means he loathes burnout ghouls and such.
- Attempts to keep kids safe, but considers adults free game for anything and undeserving of empathy.
- He's hypocritical about servitude; while Herenight expects lesser beings to know their place, he looks down on anyone that isn't ambitious and just accepts their lot in life. And yet, defying him gives obvious consequences.
|Old Fashioned||Herenight never uses the Matrix and getting in touch with him is difficult. Roll Edge + Loyalty; normally it takes 6 days to get in touch with him. Net hits reduce this by one day each, but it always takes at least 24 hours. A meeting face to face can be arranged anywhere within the same country/sprawl/state.|
|Vampiric Veteran||You need to know about HMHVV? He knows most things about most strains. Call it a perk of the job.|
|Grim Talismonger||Herenight can arrange for foci specialized towards dark magic, black magic, Aztec or Christian traditions.|
|Mr. Worldwide||Herenight has worldwide coverage. Where-ever on the planet you might need his help, if you manage to convince him that it's worth his time, getting there won't be a problem.|
|Astral Knowledge||The self-proclaimed Ripper has been on his fair share of metaplanar quests and knows a fair share about spirits and metaplanes.|
|Drug Deacon||If it comes to astrally charged substances such as Hecate's Blessing, Shade or Oneiro, he can provide it without breaking a sweat.|
|Reagent Retailer||Forget the difficulty of attaining reagents. While they may come in a grim form, the quality that Herenight provides is undeniable.|
|Safehouse Scout||Due to sunlight being a big issue, it's good to have countless hidey-holes available. Doubly so given the proclivity of vampire hunters. No matter where you go, Herenight knows a place or two to lay low.|
|Soul Sustenance||Need some essence, dear Strain 1? If Jack the Ripper is around, he's got a fair bunch of victims on standby, docile and ready for consumption. This is cruel, but what do you expect from someone like him?|
|Knowledge Checks||15 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
|Active Checks||5 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
|Gear Acquisition Checks||11 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
|Networking Checks||7 + Loyalty + Aspects - Notoriety|
Player Characters with this Contact
NPC who know this contact
Narrative Significant Runs
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Loosest Ends||Asmodeus||Hail to the Pumpking||11 June 2082|
|Soirée||Mursey||2 May 2082|
|Aching & Festering||Asmodeus||Festering Infestation||11 April 2082|
|The Vantablack||Asmodeus||Hail to the Pumpking||13 March 2082|
|Only God Knows||Asmodeus||Festering Infestation||9 February 2082|
|Step Into My Parlor||Asmodeus||Festering Infestation||4 February 2082|
|Dire Intervention||Asmodeus||Festering Infestation||26 January 2082|