|Burnout Mage. Ex go-ganger.|
|Uncouth and ready to fight about it.|
|Priority||Metatype - C |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - D
Skills - B
Resources - E
Aspected magician & former go-ganger. A thug with little to no moral compass, and fewer social graces. His one redeeming quality is that he's handy in a fight.
-Acquire a new motorcycle.
-Fix up his cybereyes.
-Acquire a tricked out smg.
TL;DR: Rooster had a good childhood until his mother died and his father turned to drink. He fell in with a go gang. He awakened. His gang went to war. He lost his eyes. His gang was destroyed in the war. He decided he had nothing left so he moved to Seattle to start over.
Jacques is a UCAS citizen and a second generation immigrant. His parents (Melinda and Andrew) originally came from Belgium, moving to Washington DC in UCAS for his mother's work. His mother was head of security at a minor Ares facility on the outskirts of DC. Jaques' father worked in the kitchens in restaurants. Jacques had a comfortable future ahead of him.
Jaques' mother died in a run which "liberated" some sort of prototype weapon from the facility she was guarding. Jaques was nine at the time. Over the next few years Jaques father turned increasingly to alcohol, drugs, and abuse to cope with the loss. Jacques' coping mechanism involved falling in with the wrong crowd and eventually joining a go gang, the Screamers. Jaques was fourteen when he finally earned full membership in the gang.
A little after Jacques' fifteenth birthday his status in the gang changed significantly when he awakened. Suddenly he was the second most powerful mage in the small go gang (by virtue of the only other mage being an aspected magician who went by "Harry the Howler"). Jaques was not a particularly powerful mage; he awakened as a weak aspected magician like the vast majority of mages do. He had no affinity with spirits, and no ability to imbue magic into items. Still, Harry took Jacques under his wing, teaching him some of the basics. Even with the target that being a mage put on his back, Jaques had a few good years with the Screamers. He made a name for himself due to his skill with an SMG, his minor magic, and his signature bright red Mohawk.
Things changed dramatically again for Jacques when the Screamers got into a war with a rival go gang, who simply went by the moniker "Patriots". Jacques rode to war and he rode hard, as did the rest of the Screamers. But a war is a war, and Jacques number came up. He had a close call with a shotgun blast. His helmet caught most of the blast, deflecting the worst of it. Still, the blast shattered the visor on Jacques helmet and tore apart his face, destroying his eyes. Jacques also happened to be going about 100 mph on his motorcycle at the time. He was critically wounded and was lucky to survive. The other members of the gang scooped up what was left of him and dropped him at a friendly street docs' place. It took him time to recover though, and Jacques was far from being the only casualty in the war. By the time that Jacques had recovered enough to move under his own power and had had his new cyber eyes implanted when the Screamers were no more.
Jacques paid a doc dearly for his sight, giving up most of his savings and some of his humanity and his already scarce casting ability in order to be whole. The doc fitted Jacques with some old surplus milspec cyber eyes. Though they were bulky and crude by modern standards, they theoretically have all the bells and whistles. In practice, the only working tech in those old eyes were the basic vision capabilities and the smartlink. Still, they allowed Jacques to see again, and when he could see again Jacques really looked at his life. He decided that there was nothing left for him in DC. His bike was gone. His home turf had been taken over by the Patriots. He had stopped caring about his estranged father years ago. On an impulse he set course for a new city to start again. Seattle. Jacques was twenty when he set out for Seattle.
Seattle was not a huge success. Jacques started off broke and stayed broke. He couldn't get back into a go gang without a bike, and he didn't particularly want to anyway. He took odd jobs, most of them legal even, using his UCAS SIN to find work. But his time on the straight and narrow was not to lay last. He got pulled into the shadows by his fixer Maria Gennaro when she saw him in action. Jacques happened to be working as a bouncer at a bar where she was waiting for a meet. During that wait, two orks and a troll got belligerently drunk at the bar and it was Jacques' job to toss them out. By the end of that fight Jacques was bloody and battered, but he had a big grin on his face as he hurled his last opponent through the front door (the troll being drunk enough that he almost couldn't stand helped). Jacques was leery of running at first, but jumped feet first into the shadows when he heard about the amount of credits associated with the work. Jacques went on one "traditional" run before being recommended to Shadowhaven for finding new jobs.
- Jacques is a ship with no rudder. He's running because he fell into it. He's a mage because he fell into it. He got his 'ware because he fell into them. Life is a ride, and he's just hanging on. Not steering.
- Jacques is perpetually broke. He spends his money as quickly as he can get it. He will often complain loudly about being broke to anyone who will listen.
- Jacques prefers to fight with an SMG and a sword. He feels that smgs strike that ideal balance between concealability and firepower that every runner needs. Plus you can aim am SMG single handed, which is a requirement for usage on a bike. As for swords, he just likes how they feel in his hand.
- Jacques got his street name of "Rooster" on his first run shortly after he introduced himself to Mr. Johnson using his old street name from his go-ganger days, "Jacques the Cock". Jacques didn't notice at the time, but Mr. Johnson seemed to disapprove. Thankfully, the team lead was later able to convince him that having a street name with his actual name in it was a bad idea for a shadowrunner, and convinced him to go by "Rooster" instead.
- Jacques has a minor addiction to Deepweed. He uses it to just... get away every once in a while. He doesn't see it as being a problem, and he "can quit any time that he wants to" if confronted about it.
- Jaques has an elaborate scheme that he worked out with a friend of his back in DC years ago to avoid paying his full taxes (normally 15% of all income). The friend, Barry, owns several small convenience stores called "Quik-stop". Jacques is registered as an employee of Barry's little markets, and Barry doctors and monitors his income stream such that only eight percent of the money actually ends up going to the UCAS government. Of course, Barry then takes his 7% cut. The end result is that Jacques still loses fifteen percent of his gross income, but only just over half of it goes to the government. Plus Jacques is convinced that it's saving him money (and he doesn't handle his finances well enough to realize it makes no difference after Barry's fee).
- Jacques has an irrational fear of chromed up or unnaturally intelligent animals. When he gets to drinking he'll start talking about how the corps all have secret programs involving cybernetically augmented animals. I mean, imagine the damage a chromed up gorilla could do! There's no way the corps aren't working in that. Or a rhino that could bust through walls! Or a panther that can actually turn invisible... they're already perfectly silent...
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Aspected Magician: Sorcery + Chaos Magic Tradition
- Bilingual: English/Dutch
- Addiction (Mild): Deepweed
- Distinctive Style: Wears the colors of an east coast gang on the west coast. Wears a red mohawk, which protrudes through his helmet thanks to the holes he's cut into it. Has prominent and unusual cyber-eyes.
- Phobia (Uncommon, Moderate): Chromed and/or sentient animals
- SINner (National): UCAS
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Man in the box||Silas||24 April 2082|
|The Most Urban Brawl 2: The Metagame||OrionsRequiem||Cross Flight Love Fight||21 April 2082|
|The Proposal||OrionsRequiem||Cross Flight Love Fight||1 April 2082|
|A No-Rough-Stuff-Type Deal||Sarcarian||25 March 2082|
|My Burning Flamesaw of Love||Kaylaidoscopes||14 February 2082|
|A Walk In The Park||Si1as||13 February 2082|
|Quarrelsome Quarry||Sarcarian||9 February 2082|
|Lifting People Up||Isaac||24 January 2082|
|ACHEs and Pains||Sarcarian||16 January 2082|
|WHO WANTS SOME GEAR?!||Isaac||9 January 2082|
|New Year, nuYou||Sarcarian||31 December 2081|
|Slay Bells||Sarcarian||29 December 2081|
|Identifying a Problem||Si1as||27 December 2081|
|Raising the Stakes||Sarcarian||24 December 2081|
|Maria Gennaro||2||1||Fixer||Professional Bounty Hunter||The Pauper Gentry, Respect The Hustle, Trickle Down Economics||Even|
|Mama Tamara||2||1||Gear||Talismonger||Talismonger, Drug Lord, Oldie but a Goldie||Even|
|Isadora Windthrope||3||3||Service||Rich Girl Tarot Mage||Arcane Ritualist, Awakened Club Kid, Divination on Demand, Privileged Family Name||Even|
|Corf||1||1||Service||Helpful Lil' Minecart||Rail-bound, Small, Living Transport, Underground, Wild Spirit, Smol||Even|
|Bellerophon||4||2||Generalist||Professional Paracritter Hunter||Artificer, Fantastic Beasts (and Where to Find Them), Pegasus, Reagent Hunter, The Most Dangerous Game||Even|
|Kenneth "Flamesaw" Murphy||2||1||Custom(A,G,N,K)||Ganger / Tough Guy||Not the Brightest Bulb, Firesaw, Fraggin' Handsome, People Pleaser, WAIT I'm a runner too!||+1|
-5 Starscreamers Rep
-2 Ancients Rep
+5 Federated-Boeing rep
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
Jacques Peeters - Legitimate sin - UCAS
Ren Sato - R1 Rensaku sin
Noah Jannsen - R5 Ares sin
Male. 6 foot tall. He has the wiry physique of someone whose strength comes from constantly fighting. Busted up scarred face. Prominent older model multi-lensed cyber eyes. Wears his hair with the sides of his head shaved and the rest spiked into a 5" red mohawk.
Usually not seen without his well worn armored gang jacket, which features the emblem of a gang called the "Screamers" sewn onto the back. The emblem is an emaciated screaming head with empty eye sockets.