|"Would I rather be in VR? Yes."|
|"Will I suck it up? Maybe."|
|Discord||@Vim N Vigor#1231|
|Metatype||SURGE III (Striped Hyena) Human|
|D.O.B.||April 22nd, 2059|
|Priority||Metatype - E |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - C
Resources - E
A protective Sprite focused Technomancer with a mind for tactics in meatspace.
- Get out of this damned neighborhood.
- Get some formal combat training, armor only goes so far.
- Find some people who don't fucking stare all the time.
Born April 22nd, 2059 Gar Findings was a normal human kid born to normal human parents in a low-end neighborhood of Renton. He lived a normal life for the first part of his childhood, but not long after the Matrix Crash 2.0 a 5 year old Gar Emerged. At first it wasn't so bad, ready access to the Matrix like this wasn't something he would have otherwise had and he enjoyed the company of Sprites plus the occasional free drink he'd "finagle" out of a vending machine. Gar had 6 years to enjoy this freedom before the Hong Kong Incident forced him to say goodbye to free drinks and the company of Sprites, his parents telling him it was just too risky he might be mistaken for "one of the bad ones." The young Gar listened but it had an effect on him, he felt connected to the Sprites he talked with and with that connection severed he retreated socially but was still a relatively personable kid.
June 15th, 2074. A day that stings in the back of Gar's mind, on that day 12 years after the last pass of Halley's Comet Gar underwent SURGE. It was painful as hell and it left him mentally reeling, but at least he knew he could turn to his parents for support. At least he thought he could, the look of fear and hatred upon their faces shattered him, his parents no longer saw their child instead they saw a freak. They could love a Technomanccer, but a freak was one step too many. Panic stricken and sure the only creatures that ever truly cared about him were Sprites, he ran. He didn't have a destination in mind, but anywhere with less Humanis influence would surely give him a better fate. It didn't take him long to find out that with the changes SURGE brought his Biometrics no longer matched the SIN he just re-registered the day before, as far as UCAS and the GSR were concerned Gar Findings ceased to exist on June 15th 2074. A sentiment his parents happily co opted, saying he was killed by a metahuman gang.
Learning how to deal with non-existence was hard enough, but Gar could feel the eyes of every single passerby bore into him. He hated it. He knew he was a freak already, he didn't need the reminder of people staring at the freakshow. Just as he did 4 years ago he retreated socially, he stopped talking to folks except when he absolutely had to, no more eating out only corner-side delivery for him, he only left the motel or warehouse he called home at the time to make Nuyen. On the matrix however, it was a different story, on the matrix your persona can be pretty much whatever you want and what he wanted was to be normal. So he was, at least to those that saw only his persona. Plus with social reclusion often comes a shirking of the rules and he would often compile low level sprites just to have something to talk to that didn't stare, his parents couldn't tell him off anymore.
After a period of moving around and coming to better (not good, but better) terms with what he is now, he found himself a small apartment in the outskirts of the Seattle Downtown and a way to pay the bills in offering bodyguard services to the poor and SINless in the rougher neighborhoods around his apartment for a price they could afford. But such work just barely pays the bills and it's not like folk are rushing to have a changeling protect them, so what else is someone who doesn't exist supposed to do to move up in the world other than run the shadows?
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Ticket to the Freakshow (Class III SURGE, Mild Phobia [Face to Face Interaction])
- His transformation was traumatic, let alone the feeling of isolation and wrongness that came from the reaction of his parents. He was left desperately wanting to be normal and every second he spent out of the matrix was a second he was reminded that he wasn't. Over time he has gotten comfortable enough with who he is to function in the real world, but the knowledge of what he is still stabs him in the back of the neck when he can't distract himself with a persona.
- Me, Myself, and Sprite (Technomancer, Social Stress)
- Sprites don't stare because they just don't care, a trait he wished everyone shared. But the real world is cruel and you can't stop folks from staring, no matter how much the stares dig into your mind and remind you of what you are. Good thing he can spend time with his favorite bundles of resonance, he's come to see Sprites as another form of person, no matter how limited in intelligence they may be, and treats them with the same respect he would give to anyone else (if not more).
- Head Turner, but not the Good Kind (Distinct Style, Class III SURGE)
- He's a hyena man with a riot shield on his back, kind of hard to forget. But people seem to give a hyena man with a riot shield on their back more space than a hyena man without so the shield stays, plus the weight of the shield is centering when he needs to be in the real world.
- The World is Scary Enough (On the Wagon)
- The matrix is a place free from the weight of being who he is, bringing in drugs only corrupts that. Besides, just as his parents always told him, winners don't do drugs. Right?
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Helping Hands, Salivating Glands||Hail to the Pumpking||1 March 2082|
|Man, Myth, Stuffer Shack||28 February 2082|
|Angela||4||2||Fixer(K,N,G,A)||Library Organizer and Teacher||A Bird in a Cage, Techno Teacher, It's In a Book, Hidden Knowledge, Under the Belly of the Beast, Host Dweller||Even|
Starscreamers: +2 Rep
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
|1||A budget bodyguard for hire in the seedier parts of Downtown Seattle, get middling reviews|
|3||A string of bad reviews from clients upset he doesn't publicly advertise what he looks like|
Shadow Community Table
Damien Rutherford, Fake R4,Evo (Bodyguard, Restricted Armor [Riot Shield], Restricted Weapon [Shock Gloves], Firearms, Concealed Carry Permit)
A tall hyena man with a big ass shield on his back. More specifically a Class III Changeling with the features of a Striped Hyena; short black & tan fur, a more animalistic head, and that wonderfully useless tail. Atop his head sits extra long tufts of tan fur that form into a black tipped fauxhawk.
He wears simple and plain clothing beneath an expensive looking black armored jacket, bright orange headphones, and plain metal frame glasses; resulting in a look that isn't sure if it wants to be a casual outfit for a normal citizen or a formal outfit for a bodyguard.
Shock Jockey is what he wishes he could always be on the matrix, a normal human in a normal looking bodyguard outfit.