|D.O.B.||February 23rd, 2040|
|Priority||Metatype - C |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - B
Skills - E
Resources - D
A retired pro-boxer, Suzanna has spent the last decade or so living in the lap of luxury after pulling off the con of a lifetime. Unfortunately, it turns out a lifetime haul can go fast if you work at it, so she's looking for work. She brings experience, passable driving and social abilities, and a mean right hook.
Get out of her cheap studio apartment and back to living the high life before she loses her mind. (Completed?)
Make rent to avoid another unceremonious eviction.
Suzanna had an upper-middle class upbringing with two parents working for Horizon. Early on, she discovered a talent for boxing, and ended up earning a full-ride university scholarship out of it. She never much cared for class, preferring to spend her off-hours partying when she wasn't at the gym.
After school, she signed a contract to box under a Horizon sponsorship. As an up-and-coming fighter, she was billed as "all-natural" despite her magical enhancement. It was at a Horizon gym that she bonded with her mentor spirit (and got a lower back tattoo to celebrate and seal the bond).
While fighting her way up through the promotional circuit, she fell in love with a gang member she met at a biker bar. Her new girlfriend taught her how to put her skills to use outside the ring, and how to ride. It was a short climb from working as a part-time bouncer to going along on runs.
Meanwhile, her professional fighting career seemed to be stalling out. Suzanna never knew if she just didn't have what it took, or if she wasn't getting the corporate push she needed, but it felt like week after week she was ordered to take a dive to promote other fighters. Eventually, she'd had enough.
It was an open secret that the professional fighting world was rife with corruption, but that didn't stop gamblers from putting their life's savings on who they thought was going to be the next big star. So, with her partner's help, Suzanna decided to go into business for herself. She stole the script from a major tournament, and arranged for several matches to go awry. (After placing sizeable bets and selling shares to a few well-connected clients).
Of course, Horizon knew something was up. She and all the other fighters with access to the critical records were blackballed. Only one of them would ever fight again, and only after some substantial bribes to the right people (and an especially raunchy pr campaign). But Suzanna didn’t care. She’d made enough that night to last a lifetime.
She got a new name, married her girlfriend and moved to a swanky condo in Downtown Seattle. Nothing was too good for them, as the finest luxuries were just a gesture away. Unfortunately, her new wife soon grew bored of such a pampered life. The divorce was swift and messy.
Newly single, Suzanna doubled down on her indulgent ways, burying her feelings with ever more elaborate pamperings. As she spiraled deeper and deeper, she almost lost touch with reality, until...
It had been so long since Suzanna had even read a bank statement, at first, she’d assumed there had been some mistake. But no, she was flat broke. Worse than broke, actually, considering how many massage parlors and fancy restaurants had let her run up a tab.
After an absolutely pitiful bankruptcy sale, she crammed the remainder of her possessions into a tiny studio in Bellevue. There might not be room to walk, or even sleep comfortably, but she’d be dammed if she’d part with her custom couch over a temporary inconvenience like this.
Already suffering from the noise and smells of such an undesirable neighborhood, and eager to return to the life she deserved, she looked up some old friends. Surely someone would have work...
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Agile Defender: Suzanna has always believed that the best way to take a punch is to be somewhere else entirely.
- Common Sense: While she might not always make the best life decisions, Suzanna has a knack for keeping herself safe. There's a reason she's never been positively identified as the source of the leak, after all.
- Daredevil: For all her planning, Suzanna "goes for it" more often than not. She'll commit to a crazy stunt, then try to take some basic precautions. A perfect example of her unique style of thrill seeking was when she dove from her second-story hotel balcony into the pool, but only after confirming the presence of a lifeguard.
- Indomitable (Physical): Suzanna is tough. She's always been able to push herself beyond reasonable limits, whether that's in the boxing ring or in a brave redefinition of the term "personal pizza."
- Mentor Spirit: Shark: Suzanna met her mentor spirit early in her professional career. While she never truly accepted her mentor's "kill or be killed" ferocity, they did eventually come to a mutual understanding. She hasn't been in touch with her mentor spirit much over the last decade or so, so the reunion might be a bit awkward.
- Creature of Comfort (High): There's no gentle way to put it, Suzanna's gotten spoiled by her time in high society. She lies awake at night dreaming of crème brûlée and deep tissue massages, preferably in the same sitting.
- Poor Self Control (Braggart): She could have been the best! If only she hadn't blown it all for quick cash! That said, Suzanna's time in high society has trained her in the art of the humblebrag. She'll rarely directly boast if she can indirectly boast instead.
- SINner (National): UCAS: Becoming a professional athlete means being in the system, even if it's under a different name. Fortunately, she fought under an assigned persona, and she doesn't exactly look the same as she did when she was in the ring, so it's unlikely anyone would recognize her on the street. (Especially since she wasn't particularly famous.)
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|A Meatcar Named Desire||2 August 2082|
|Grandma's Pearls||8 July 2082|
|The Sword and the Stoned||16 June 2082|
|Our Lady of the Perpetual Saturday||2||3||Networking||Influencer, Not A Cult Leader||It's Always Friday Night Somewhere, A Rare Medium (Who Does Well), Good Vibes Only, Life of the Party||Even|
|Chloe Green||2||2||Fixer||Fixer||Activist, Environmentalist, Rich Brat||Even|
In Character Information
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
Real SIN (National, UCAS): Savana Uhlig
Fake SIN (Corporate, Horizon): Bekka dePaqq
Suzanna is 176cm tall, with a build that could either be described as "sturdy" or "overweight" depending on her posture. She has a platinum blonde long bob with dyed purple highlights, which adds to her "cool mom" look. She likes to dress fashionably, but on runs she usually sticks to motorcycle leathers, or something frumpy if she wants to be extra low-key.
A cute drawing of a blushing shark.