|Goth Cosplay not included|
|D.O.B.||December 14th, 2061|
|Priority||Metatype - D |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - C
Resources - E
Swerve is a dark mage learning how to be a banshee and a shadowrunner at the same time. Stuffer Shack didn't prepare her for this.
- Learn More About Magic, Force Reality to Will - So, becoming a mage is a strong positive. Magic is pretty great. I am going to become the strongest I can be.
- Family Problems - My family probably thinks I'm dead. Should I let them know I'm alive? It might be better to never let them know what I've become.
- Deal with Hunters - Some of the other runners think they're being subtle, but I can tell when there is blood in the water. I need to keep my eyes out, to protect myself and others.
- Why am I like this? - I really don't know who turned me into a banshee. All I remember is a blurry figure, and then well.... the rest. I don't hate them or anything, it's not like I'm any better. Plus, they let me get back up again after! Still... being.. abandoned, it hurts. Who was it that turned me? Why did they just leave me there?
Help Charon - Charon's dedicated her whole life to her goal, and she's going to do whatever she needs to, to get there. She just accepts though, that she's going to die as part of this. I can't let her do that. I just can't. i failed
or did I?
Get Secure - I have a place to live now, but I'm dependent on others for it. I need to be able to stand on my own. Process Being Infected - Huh. I'm eating people now. That's cool I guess. Should I be more concerned? Maybe. Perhaps, when I finally get some time off, I should have a breakdown. Or not? Big questions. Also, get a way to buy blood packs.I'm a monster. My existence is sustained by the suffering of others. I enjoy doing it. I would do all the terrible things I've done again if it means that I get to live. I feel guilt over some of it, and sometimes wish some things could be different, but this is my reality. I don't want to be needlessly cruel to the uninfected, but I'm scared that the base relationship between us, predator and prey, is something that can't truly be transcended. Ultimately, it's either us or them, and I choose us. It's lonely, but well... at least I still have other infected.
Sarah Ingram, better known as Swerve, has mainly had a boring life. Average at most things, a somewhat decent relationship with her family, few friends, and a soul-sucking job at Stuffer Shack. With the most to look forward to maybe being an assistant manager, Sarah was looking for a change. For better or for worse, she found it at the end of some fangs. Drained and infected, Sarah rose as a banshee. One accidental, frenzied, feeding later, Sarah realized that she needed to get away. Ditching the torn up body of the unfortunate pedestrian she'd found, she ran towards the outskirts of Redmond.
Scared, confused and alone, things only got worse when she started to feel hungry again. While certainly enhanced, she quickly found that she wasn't as physically strong as the vampires in the trids. No matter how mixed Sarah felt about feeding, it was a need that needed to be satisfied. She never wanted to feel that mindless hunger again. As charging a bunch of armed gangers felt like a good way to die, Sarah tried to get by best as she could, scavenging the dying where she could find them, and, to her shame, feeding off those few in the Redmond nights weak enough that an untrained ex-Stuffer-Shacker could somewhat confidently assault. Suffice to say though, these were not high volume blood sources, and Sarah slowly began to starve again, feeling the hunger crawling in her mind. In desperation, she approached prey, willing that they would just let it happen, that she could finally just be whole. As she attacked, unadvised as it was considering they were armed, her wish miraculously came true. That was the night that Sarah learned she had awakened. For all of her mediocrity in other parts of life, she soon found that she had a tremendous talent for magic.
With a way to survive, Sarah found a somewhat stable equilibrium, hunting by night and hiding by day, until, really by accident, she ran into another group of infected. They directed her to Amelie, promising that she'd give Sarah a path out of the gutter, a way to not only survive, but prosper. Skeptical, but hopeful despite her reservations, she followed through with the tip, and that led her to where she is today. Going from odd jobs and tasks, to serving as a courier for Amelie and others, Sarah has grown her skills and become ready for a higher grade of work. Eager to prove herself, yet terrified of being hunted, she's going to try thread the needle and become greater through it.
- Swerve got the name by driving rather poorly when she first started as a courier. Thankfully, no one was hurt. Too much at least.
- Swerve is still kind of in the middle point of the, Random Normal Person -> Banshee Shadowrunner, pipeline. While she's definitely changed quite a bit even beyond the banshee bit, living on the streets of Redmond requires certain things, she still has relics from her upbringing floating around her mind, like "murder is wrong", "eating people is bad", and so on. At the same time though, her banshee brain and instincts say that those things are cool and good, and that the fear of her victims is delicious. It's a bit of a dissonance. For the time being, she's tactically ignoring it and maintaining some artificial guilt.
- Some sparse notes on her family in the chummer file.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Banshee - Swerve's life took a swerve when she was turned into a banshee. She's still in the new and somewhat confused stage of life, though she's starting to rebuild it as she begins to reinvent herself.
- Mentor Spirit (Wolf - Alt) - Not long after awakening, Swerve started to have strange(r) dreams. Wolf has begun to guide her. She is teaching Swerve to embrace her nature as a hunter and come to peace with her existence. Also to stop being such a wimp. Recently, Swerve realized and accepted truths about herself, that she would do near anything to protect herself and those she cares about, that she's really not a good person, but that she's going to keep pushing forward, regardless. The pack's concerns rise above the masses. Wolf was pleased.
- Sensei - Longarms - After getting dragged into the plots of dragons after a run spiraled out of control, Swerve found herself in contact with the drake Lamashtu. Figuring she was about to be used as a pawn either way, Swerve decided to at least be a useful one. Maybe she'd have a chance of getting out of this in one piece. While she had a talent for magic, she had found that didn't transfer to much else, still being an out of shape ex-wage slave with no practical skills. She needed to get a bit more... competent. Now, while the training is quite literally abusive, she is growing in a variety of ways, and for better or for worse, getting a better relationship with the drake. Friends are a rare commodity nowadays. Now all she has to do is find a way to not die...
- Impassive - It turns out viewing people as food on the regular does thing to your social vibe. It's probably alright.
Paranoia - Swerve knows that there's a bounty out for her death, or worse, live capture. She also knows the kind of people that she's working with. These facts, combined with her insecurities, leads to a bit of extra anxiety; a new layer on top of what she already had.
- Phobia Rats (mild) - Swerve has been squatting in the bad part of the already bad part of town. Rats have been a constant companion, and she's grown to hate being around them.
Swerve took a geas to learn information about the Black Lodge from Charon. The terms are listed below.
- She is not allowed to talk about anything she's learned of the Black Lodge from Charon to those who aren't members as well.*
- She is not allowed to mention that Charon is a part of the Black Lodge in any way.
- If she fails to follow those guidelines, it will start to hurt, a lot.
The restrictions don't apply when she is talking to other Black Lodge members. If she keeps trying to talk despite the pain, she will take physical damage, the effect crucifies Swerve with magic, then lets her go with stigmata on her hands, right rib, head, and feet.
Swerve has several fixers. Amelie and Fiendest are her main ones. Amelie kind of hates her right now because of her fuckup in Dead and Deader. Still uses her though. Silas is a new addition, though Swerve doesn't know he's part of the black lodge, just that he's part of some sketchy org. Kerrigan is just kind of there. Swerve really doesn't think that she works for her.
|Amelie and Jean-Baptiste||5||3||Fixer(A,N,K,G)||Infected Cabal Leaders||Ghoul Royalty, Vampire, SK Kid, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Corporate Kid||Even|
|Fiendest||2||4||Fixer||HMHVV Fanatic||Wanted, Infected Organizer, Lavawalker, Terrordome, Darkdweller||Even|
|Silas Vespasiano||5||3||Fixer||Black Lodge Fixer||Black Magician, High Society Socialite, Made Man, Politico, Talismonger, Theory Savant||Even|
|Nameless||5||4||Custom(K,A,G,N)||Ghoul Priest||Christian Cult Classic, Underground Underdog, Judicious Judicator, Gloomy Glow Ghoul, Ex-EVO Exemplar, Mana Mentor||Even|
|Lamashtu||6||5||Generalist||Ex-Prison Warden Drake||Drake, Security Expert, Interrogator, Milspec Gear, Tactical Gear, Armor Accessories, Weapon Accessories, Rigger Gear, Bravo Six, Going Dark, Medical Expert, Drill Instructor, Highly Flammable, Hard To Approach||Even|
|Woedica Kryptman||5||3||Generalist||Aztechnology Investigator||Blood Mage, Magical Inventory, Astral Expertise, Spellslinger Sensei, Psychometrist, Thicker Than Water, Corporate Insider, Bioware Clinic VIP||Even|
|Jeremy Townsend||3||1||Gear||Ex-Firewatch Rigger/Smuggler||Vehicle Specialist, Repairman, Brand Knowledge (Ares), Mods Mods Mods!||Even|
|Miss Moon||3||1||Legwork||Construction||Building layouts, Explosives, Construction, General information||Even|
|Stan||4||2||Gear||Talismonger (Dark Magic)||Awakened, Talismonger, Dark Magic, Dead Things, Organlegger||Even|
|"Wild Goose"||2||1||Gear||ID Manufacturer||SIN Forger, License Forger, Matchmaker||Even|
|Kenneth "Flamesaw" Murphy||2||4||Custom(A,G,N,K)||Ganger / Tough Guy||Not the Brightest Bulb, Firesaw, Fraggin' Handsome, People Pleaser, WAIT I'm a runner too!||Even|
|Zigzag||1||3||Service||Driver/Organlegger||Ghoul Organlegger, Actually a Good Driver, Dead Drop, Infected Networker||Even|
|Chernobog||1||3||Service||Lookout||Power of the Fox, Fox Hole||Even|
|Cassandra Withers||8||2||Networking||FBI Liaison||Secretly A Mantis, Bug Knowledge, Twisted Magic, UCAS Government Connections, Bug Hotspots, Government Favors, Magical Stealth, MilSpec Resources, ARES Macrotechnology Knowledge, Mantis Hunger, Grip On The FBI||Even|
|BobbieJo McShane||3||2||Generalist||Outlaw||Feisty, bordering on Fiery, Hometown Gal, Born in the Backseat, The Race Car, Outlaw Queen, Moonshine Momma||Even|
|Lt.Cmdr Yennefer Kerrigan||6||1||Fixer||UCASN Officer||UCAS Naval Officer, Logistics Command, Research & Development Head, Family Pedigree, Military heritage, Incredibly Intelligent, Engineering Savant||-1|
|The Night Throne||Member||2||32||Infected Underground Cabal||Maintaining||Redmond|
|Skraacha||10||Helped save Warboss when the jarheads attacked the Ork underground. She was impaled on a spike though, and all the upper leadership knows she's a banshee.|
|Spinglobal||5||A Maximus Tactical Family. Helped Sabotage Stuff|
|Black Lodge||1||Helped deal with Jack in Yellowstone.|
|The 162s||1||Investigated the deaths of their people|
|Shiawase||1||Helped deal with Jack in Yellowstone.|
|Saeder-Krupp||-4||Fought a HTR team during an extraction, Did a lot of investigation and stuff, helping them.|
|Crimson Crush||-5||Swerve ate one. The rest have a bit of a clue about that.|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
I filled these tables out, but don't like treat them as what you have to use. Feel free to choose whatever you feel is appropriate.
|1||Clips of people crashing in funny and not so funny ways.|
|3||Swerve has an uncanny similarity to the missing person, Sarah Ingram. While they have physical differences, the resemblance can't be denied. Swerve seems to be slightly taller, considerably paler in both hair and skin tone, and she has a different eye color. Despite of all this, they look almost identical.|
|6||A large amount of information about Swerve's life as Sarah. Her family, their locations, where she worked, etc. A bit of camera footage catching her feeding.|
Shadow Community Table
|1||A runner and mage. She's been active for a few months.|
|3||A member of Shadowhaven. She's known to summon spirits, though they look kind of... shadowy? Up to her neck in the infected communities of Redmond, particularly the Night Throne. She's almost certainly either infected or one of their thralls.|
|5||A banshee dark mage and member of the Night Throne. Works for Amelie directly, though often aids others with their tasks. She can be friendly or even kind, but at the core, she's still a banshee, with all that implies. She is deeply loyal to her allies and towards other infected.|
|1||In great physical health. Awakened. Background hints of depression.|
|2||No cyberware. Her aura is dark, tinted with shades of red and violet. Despite that, it pulses with energy.|
|3||No alphaware-grade cyberware. She is infected with an awakened virus. The edges of her aura are blackened and frayed, grasping hungrily at those nearby.|
|4||No betaware-grade cyberware. No Bioware. Essence 6, probably. Magic 6.|
|5+||No deltaware-grade cyberware. No gene-ware. No nano-tech. Swerve is a banshee. The condition isn't fully developed yet. She lacks the full suite of powers, and was relatively recently infected.|
Kate Greer(Rating 4 - UCAS) - Courier, delivers packages all around town, including the sketchy parts.
Spooky-pretty banshee. Doesn't wear the clothes in the picture. Less cool than she looks.
Generally wears an armored jacket + biker helmet + lots of protective layers. Keeps the sun from being terrible. The goal is to look like a edgy bike courier who likes road protection, rather than a banshee.