|Alchemical Demolitions Specialist|
|Your Good Good Friend And Mine|
|Discord||@Cutier Than Thou#7968|
|D.O.B.||25th December 2037|
|Priority||Metatype - C |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - E
Resources - D
An alchemical scientist who really just wants to help out. Especially if "helping out" involves watching things explode.
- Understand everything about the scientific, the arcane, and how they intersect. (Or, at least, enjoy trying to get as close as possible.)
- Have as many excuses to blow things up in a sanctioned, controlled environment as possible.
- Pay off the student loans for two whole degrees oh god oh frag that's so much money.
- Maybe make enough money for a third degree?
- Score the most valuable paydata of all (it's the friends we made along the way).
Nikola Luizawicz was born within a small elven commune in a rural area of the eastern Czech Republic, the child of an apothecary witch and an agriculturalist-turned-cross-continental-long-haul-trucker. From an early age, they displayed the same strong aptitude for magical tinctures as their mother, made keener by an innate curiosity at what else the plants around their town could accomplish in the right hands. By the age of 21, they had enrolled for an eight-year degree program at the Univerzita Karlova, studying alchemical theory. It was during this time that they made an earth-shattering discovery: Green alchemy is super slow and boooriiiing. Waiting for plants to flower properly for magical applications takes a lot of time and care, and by elf standards, Wick is remarkably impatient. Eventually, figuring they had enough alchemical knowledge to build from already, they switched their study track to chemistry, in the hopes of finding ways of artificially recreating the arcane properties of the natural world, with mixed results. There were some notable successes, but most of these accelerated preparations ended up caustic at worst, volatile at best. As such, it was mostly by accident and circumstance that an interest in studying alchemical explosives blossomed.
It was during this research that they first encountered the wildfire spirit that would later be known as Calcifer, and came to a significant breakthrough; there's a reason that the laws that govern reality are called natural forces. To treat their affinities for both green magic and science as separate disciplines at odds with each other was a huge misstep. It was time for a dual major. Alchemistry.
After graduating (at the top of her comparatively niche class, of course), Nikola decided to take some time abroad, travelling to Seattle to tackle a second degree - how hard could it really be? After only four years, she had a diploma in electrical engineering. That one was a little harder to integrate with her magical tradition, for sure, but anything's possible with a curious mind. Except, evidently, making any money with two degrees in the two most important sciences (eat your heart out, zoologists). So saddled with the disgusting amount of debt a university in the UCAS demands that she couldn't even afford a flight home, Nikola had no choice but to lend her services to a few less-than-ideal parties. Nobody can prove where TerraFirst! got those Comet charges, but there've been some educated guesses.
Having now spent over a decade living outside Seattle's law in some form or another, though, Wick isn't just accustomed to the change of pace - they're thriving. There's no greater satisfaction than the feeling of a job well-done, watching a friend get back on their feet, happy and healthy again after a run-in with another brutal corp. Except for maybe the satisfaction of sitting back and watching that same corp's offices have a smouldering hole blasted in the side.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- College Education + Sensei (Chemistry): Wick has degrees in both applied alchemistry and electrical engineering, which they're very proud of.
- Daredevil: They're smart, but not that smart.
- Durable Preparations + Practiced Alchemist: Wick's got alchemy down to a precise science, mostly, and she's figured out how to wring a little extra juice from her preparations.
- Potion Maker: Wick has an improvised chemistry lab in the back of their car, where they brew their magical concoctions. It looks more than a little sketchy.
- Juryrigger: Less precise is their technical ability. Most of their builds are held together with duct tape and hope, but, it means they're pretty good at improvising what they need. Like a smooth jazz musician of circuitry.
- Mentor Spirit (Fire-Bringer): Wick is learning alchemical secrets from a wildfire sprite, formless, nameless, wild and free. They call it Calcifer, though ("Cal" for short). Cal can be contacted through any burning alchemical or electrical fire, but is more comfortable appearing through fire that has spread from its hearth. It also claims to have been responsible for the Olympic flame, among other famous fires, but might just be lying to sound impressive.
- Mentor's Mask: Wick looks a little frazzled at the best of times, but tends to spark or glow with embers when channeling magic, and fully bursts into flames or tesla coil-style "lightning" when casting spells of a Force higher than her Magic rating.
- Allergy (Uncommon, Moderate) (Latex): Hypoallergenic enchanter's gloves are harder to find than you'd think, actually.
- Incompetent (Stealth): Wick does not believe in subtlety. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing LOUD.
- Pie Iesu Domine. Dona Eis Requiem.: Wick doesn't let little things like 'safety regulations' and 'OSHA compliance' get in the way of their experiments. While they've developed a tolerance to being mildly electrocuted, exploded, and whatever else, they tend to start most runs a little worse for wear.
- Poor Self Control (Compulsive, Personal) (Fidget Brain): Wick is an ex-smoker; when not already performing an activity, she has to be doing something to keep her hands occupied - most commonly, flicking her lighter on and off. This can be especially problematic when she's put in front of levers and switches that definitely shouldn't be touched.
- Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker): What's life without a little risk? Longer, for one thing.
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Certified Testing||Asmodeus||Hail to the Pumpking||20 September 2082|
|One Hell of a Wedding Anniversary||Draknic||5 September 2082|
|Lost Coyote||Dejapes||Flight of the White Owl||28 August 2082|
|Redmond Rejuvenation Candle||Aurora||19 August 2082|
|Breaking Up The Nest||PatGriffin||15 August 2082|
|Dr. Wells||2||3||Fixer(K,N,G,A)||Professor||Numbers, not names, Corporate and Country, Seattle Specialist, NA Corps, Japanese Ingenuity||Even|
|Annar le Mael||6||1||Service||Doctor||Modus Operadi, Talismonger, Court Healers, Alchemy, Maintained Rituals, House Calls, Medical Experimentation||Even|
|Menard||4||2||Fixer||Corporately Astute, Underground Railroad, Knows where the Guns are Buried, Unusual Friends, Politically Savvy||Even|
|Christian Woods||4||2||Gear||Pharmacy Technician||Chemist, Medical Training, College Student, Pharmacy Technician, EVO Employee||Even|
|Mint||3||2||Fixer||Farm Operations Officer||Construction Contractor, Green Thumb, Beacon of Hope, Earth Aspect||Even|
|Sahalé||4||2||Fixer(G,N,K,A)||Travel Facilitator and Fixer||Here is Your Passport, Laws are Guidelines, Professional Fence, A Community of Movers, Home Stretch, Working Hours, Council Friends||Even|
Gets along with most people, tends to be something of a neutral party, especially in gang disputes. Seems to have more tolerance for TerraFirst! than most, even if she's not an out-and-out fan. Vocal supporter of the Redmond Rejuvenation Project.
No specific enemies, yet. General strong anti-corporate sentiments, but that's not exactly unusual for runners. Particularly got it out for corps with reputations for environmental damage and/or worker mistreatment. So most of them.
|Tacoma Veterans Association||-20|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
NO DATA (Yet)
Matrix Search Table
|1||Coiled cloth or string used in the ignition of a candle. Also a town in Northern Scotland.|
|3||NO DATA (Yet)|
|6||NO DATA (Yet)|
Shadow Community Table
|1||"Oh, the doc? Yeah, they're pretty nice, as far as finger-wigglers go. Don't charge that much to patch you up, either."|
|3||"Very professional, I'd say. Seemed genuinely happy to help. Not the most careful, though, by the looks of things. Surprised they've still got all their fingers and toes, you know?"|
|5||"Okay, don't bring it up, but I'm pretty sure they're some kind of eco-terrorist on the side. Or, y'know, happy to work with those TerraFirst weirdos if they've got the nooj, at least."|
Avery Zelenka - (UCAS, R4) - Driver's License, Explosives License, Mage License
Wick is a tall, wiry elf with platinum-blonde hair in messy blown-back spikes, and heavily-shadowed teal eyes. Their general build and mannerisms are vaguely reminiscent of the inflatable wiggly arm people outside of car dealerships. They're usually wearing protective goggles and a very singed labcoat. Mad-scientist-chic never goes out of style.
They speak English with a nonspecific American-adjacent accent, and Sperethiel with a Czech one.
A friendly-faced erlenmeyer flask with stick arms and legs, filled with bubbling green liquid.
NO DATA (Yet)
ShadowGrid Profile Comments
Currently 0 comments.